Housing Support Directory

Housing Support

Sharing the resources you may need

We recognise that long term accommodation is important for people leaving the Armed Forces. We can signpost you to information and advice to help you find good quality, affordable housing that meets your individual needs.

North East Lincolnshire Council is able to offer housing advice in the first instance should you need help and support.

Information available covers:


  • Housing advice
  • Renting advice (includes advice on private renting and applying for social housing)
  • Being a homeowner
  • Moving out for the first time
  • Advice for Over 55s
  • Housing for people with mental ill-health or a disability
  • Help with your money
Lincolnshire Housing Partnership

Armed Forces Veterans friendly accredited GP practices

Lincolnshire Housing Partnership (LHP) is showing their commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant by ensuring that five newly built properties are made available to armed forces households each year.

For more information, visit the LHP website.

Housing support from other organisations

Haig Housing

As the leading housing provider for ex-Service personnel in the UK, the charity now owns over 1,500 properties across 50 locations. The Trust endeavours to help any veteran in housing need, whether they are transitioning into civilian life or are simply in need of a helping hand.

Telephone: 020 8685 5777

For more information, visit Haig Housing website.

Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO)

The JSHAO is the MOD’s tri-service focal point to provide service personnel and their dependants with civilian housing information for those wishing to move to civilian accommodation at any time in their career, and for those during resettlement to assist with the transition to civilian life.

Address: Floor 2, Zone 2, Montgomery House, Queens Avenue, Aldershot, GU11 2JN.

Email JSHAO.

Telephone advice line: 01252 787574

Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex Services

Single Persons Accommodation Centre for the Ex Services, SPACES, is a housing advice and placement service for veterans. SPACES targets the most vulnerable of Service leavers, regardless of rank, length of service, or reason for discharge.

Telephone: 01748 833797 / 01748 872940 / 01748 830191

For more information, visit the SPACES website.

Stroll Foundation

Provide over 250 affordable homes for vulnerable Veterans to rent. Stoll runs the Veterans’ Nomination Scheme (VNS) which helps Veterans find affordable accommodation with housing associations and local authorities across the country.

Telephone: 020 7385 2110

Email the Stroll Foundation.

For more information, visit the Stroll Foundation website.

The Veterans’ Housing Advice service

The Veterans’ Housing Advice service, initially provided by the Cobseo group of charities, and delivered by The Royal British Legion, Connect, Assist and Shelter, has now been merged into Veterans’ Gateway. The service is accessible 24/7 and supported by a resident housing specialist located at the Contact Centre.

Telephone: 0808 802 1212 (Freephone 24/7)

For more information, visit the Veteran’s Gateway website.

The Knoll
Knoll Street
North East Lincolnshire
DN35 8LL
UK Registration Number: 10849279